View Single Post
Old Fri, October 26th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Stock Sucks!

TwinTurbo is on a distinguished road

I've had a 7.3 for 13 years been an awesome truck 350,000 miles wouldn't hesitate to own another one, but I also just got a 6.0 with 84,000 on it. Here's my take on the 6.0's -so far I really like mine, if you can work on it yourself and not afraid to learn, there can be some pretty good deals found because of there bad rap. (paid 15k for mine - CC, Dually, Lariat). Most of the problems stem from the egr/emissions stuff which can be deleted if your state doesn't require testing or there are companies such as bulletproof that make better replacement parts. Just budget that in when your shopping, then get the FICM programer for the better throttle response, I hated how slow it would take off from a stop till I did. My brother has 220000 on his '03 and a few injectors have gone but no EGR issues yet, and his oil cooler is not as plugged as mine - checked the diff in oil temp vs. coolant temp should be within 10*, mine's around 30 so guess what i'll be doing soon? I would recommend running a synthetic oil. Either way you could end up with a good one or a bad one though. Good Luck.

'95 F-250 Powerstroke, 350,000 Miles, Mods: Phoenix chip, 140V IDM, Diamond Eye DP to 4" straight pipe, CCV mod, Amsoil synthetics throughout.
'04 F-350, XLT Lariat, Powerstroke, CC, Dually, SS exhaust, AirRaid intake and filter, Edge Evolution, PHP FICM programmer.