View Single Post
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Native American Redneck

TXWolf is on a distinguished road

Well, I now have the new stabilizer springs installed on my truck. They're rated for 3000 lbs. I took the truck over to the RV storage to get a visual ... to see if they hold up to the task at hand. Here are a few pics:

Truck and 36', 7330 lb travel trailer:

Back tire without the full weight of the trailer:

Back tire with the full weight of the trailer:

Front tire with the full weight of the trailer:

The rear of the truck isn't dropping NEARLY as far as it did without the helper springs ... but is it still dropping too far? What do you guys think? I didn't take it out for a quick trip around the block because we had to be somewhere else soon. I'll do that sometime this weekend.

On another note ... we took my brothers 21' boat for a trip down to the Gulf Coast last weekend. For the most part, I couldn't even tell that the boat was back there. We drove part of the way using the 87 Performance Custom Tune, and the 2nd half of the trip in Custom Towing Tune. I could definitely tell that I had more power/responsiveness using the Custom Towing Tune. The temps stayed in respectable levels, although I mostly drove on the highways, without much stop-and-go traffic. My gas mileage took a dump (averaging around 8.8 mpg), which makes me start to cringe when I think of how bad the mileage will be with the heavy travel trailer behind the truck. LOL

2008 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
5.4L - 4.88 Gears
PHP Gryphon Programmer - BDS 6" Lift - Magnaflow Dual Exhaust - JLT Ram Air Intake - 20" Pacer Ridgeline Rims with 35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs Tires - Westin BullBar with Driving Lights