View Single Post
Old Fri, December 4th, 2009, 01:59 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
04-08 F150 L Bracket Mounting Instructions for Gryphon Pod

Just my version of instructions if I had to use the aluminum "L" bracket that is sent with the gryphon pod.
The "L" bracket goes on the same side as where the pod fits into the dash seam. I think it included in case you have a "loose fitting" dash seam. But if you want to install it I will tell you how. Its more of a PIA to get it right, especially when the dash seam is tight. The "L" bracket is installed as follows. Make sure all surfaces are clean. Use a pencil and mark lightly.
1. Mount the pod on the dash and mark how much of the right side sits down into the seam. Flush with top of the dash is where you mark it. You should also at this time find the center point of the pod on the rh side from front to back and mark it on the inside down by the lower lip of pod.
2. Now transfer the mark to the inside of the pod and add 3/16"( this is to add a little for the relief of the thickness of the velcro) going up into pod. where you marked the center point.
3. Find on the dash where the center point lines up and mark it there also.
4. Now take the L and apply the doublesided sticky tape to the outside of the upright portion of L.
5. Now mount the L on the inside of the pod. Line it up so the bottom matches the 3/16" mark and where the center point is.
6. Also after L is attached you can put one half of the velcro on the bottom side of L. Now put the other half of the velcro on the dash, lined up with center point and about 1/8" away from dash seam.
7. You are done with the L bracket. BTWI don't use the L bracket because the dash seam is tight enough to hold it.
If you have pix or different version, you are welcomed to add to this sticky.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.