View Single Post
Old Tue, November 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

I think the problem is Win 7. I suspect your USB cable is fine, but of course I'm only guessing.

I would NOT try to change the operating system on your PC. Try to find a friend or relative who has a Win XP machine and who would be willing to let you install Pegasus on it. It's really a small application and it doesn't seem to interfere with anything else on a PC. Once you get it installed and opened (running), plug your Gryphon in. If it still does not connect, the USB cable IS probably faulty, so this is a way to trouble-shoot things. It is perfectly safe to try to connect with a different cable, so if the cable is bad, try a different one. If it connects though, and your tunes are ready, you should be able to download and install them using [Updates]->[Custom File Download (Internet)]. Please make sure your truck is set back to Level 0 (Stock) before your remove the Gryphon to do this though.

But, if you've already installed custom tunes on the Gryphon, there's no reason to do any of this. The firmware updates Bill has published are for a few unique issues, and if your unit is working properly, don't try to "fix" it.

- Jack