View Single Post
Old Wed, May 13th, 2009, 10:52 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Hey there!
Looking to do mods?
The sky is the limit as long as the wallet is full.

As for the cai? Yes and no
Do the mod that Jack posted a link to and take the time and do it Jack's way.
One problem with the 04-05's they came from the factory already running leaner. Add a cai a little leaner yet. Tuner with canned tunes a little leaner yet. So I would start with a tuner bfore any mods are done with the intake unless its the dwv/gotts mod.
Do the basic dwv(like Jack's)mod with an aftermarket drop in air filter(aem).
If you want a cai have your customs written for one. Installed cai after the customs arrive. Good cai's s+b, banks, and volant.

As for exhaust, got a few options and these it doesn't matter if you have customs or not.
How rad do you want to go?
Best system is a cat back si/so 3" in 3" out.
Next best is a cat back si/do 3" in 2x2.5" out.
Go with stainless t304 grade so it won't rust out.
How loud do you want it?
Flowmaster nice mellow sound.(Super 40/44)
Magnaflow nice louder sound.(14")
Gibson same as magnaflow.
Borla a performance quiet sound not as loud as magnaflow but probably the most expensive unless you find it on ebay.(zr1 or stingers)
Let's see who else is there mbrp, bassani, slp, jba, corsa, and many more exhaust mfgs.
There are good systems for the whole spectrum.
If you do LT headers you need a redo on the custom along with high flow cats. If I had to start over again I would definately go with a complete dynatech or jba system from the motor back.

Some other mods are underdrive pulleys and efans. They don't need a tuner unless the idle needs to be bumped up for lack of charge from the altenator at idle.

Last but not least a super charger $$$$.

Hopefully some of this info is helpful.
Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.

Last edited by 88Racing; Thu, May 14th, 2009 at 07:34 AM.