Thread: HPO health
View Single Post
Old Thu, December 2nd, 2010, 08:05 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road
Default HPO health

Just got Autoenginuity and having fun playing around with it. Great software/hardware. took about 2 minutes of playing to do cylinder contribution test w/ plot, and also verify all other sensors I was worried about are still working....

Anyhow, my truck has always felt somewhat like a bit of a dog and doesn't get the sort of mileage others seem to report, even tuned, so just looking to see if I can't pick out something causing it besides the strategy I have (VXCF7), Starting w/ the HPO system.

It has 8 new stock injectors, Gryphon w/ 80 and 100 HP tunes, and a non-IH strategy FICM tune. Always fires up great and idles fine now (even now that mornings are 20*F or so), and no issues w/ hot starts. I grabbed the desired ICP, actual ICP, and IPR DC in a few tunes, and am just looking for a little feedback if this seems to look good, or if it would indicate a minor HPO leak somewhere. Most my searching via google shows people saying that IPR DC should be ~15% at idle, I see 23%, but the actual ICP always reaches desired, so does that mean all is good?

These are the sort of numbers I see:

Idle
ICP Desired 584.6
Act ICP 583.51
IPR DC 23.83

WOT 80 DD
ICP Desired 1740.3
Act ICP 1744.87
IPR DC 59.77

WOT 100 Perf
ICP Desired 3176.5
Act ICP 3024.64
IPR DC 75.39

The ICP desired are the maximum values I seem to be able to get when flooring it in a given tune. This look good?

Thanks for any input as to if the ICP vs IPR DC seem to be indicating a problem or not.

Eric
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback