Thread: HPO health
View Single Post
Old Sun, December 12th, 2010, 07:53 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

IPR DC at idle is usually anywhere from 15% to 25% in order to maintain the ~575 psi of ICP. IPR demand will go up as the needs of the fuel system increase. The tow big things to watch for are that your Desired ICP and Actual ICP are pretty close (usually within 5%) and that IPR doesn't exceed 85%. If IPR goes over 85%, the pump is not able to keep up with the oil demands of the fuel system.

One thing to keep in mind... It's okay if the desired and actual values are a little off as long as the IPR is still able to compensate. The is a gain value for the IPR that will self adjust the IPR to achieve desired ICP, but it's pretty slow. It can take up to a few seconds for the ICP to stabilize at the desired values, which is perfectly normal. As long as the IPR DC hasn't topped out at 85%, it can self-adjust.

The only other thing I'm curious about is why your ICP values in the 80HP are only around 1750 at WOT. At what RPM were these values pulled? ICP (both desired and actual) will increase with RPM so I'm assuming that those values are from a sub-1800 RPM sample.

I hope this helps.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!