Thread: HPO health
View Single Post
Old Sun, December 12th, 2010, 07:50 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Bill,

First of all, shame on you for not taking a proper vacation from your work. But as a fellow engineer, I sort of understand not being able to just 'let it go....' Now go play with your kids before Corey kicks yer rear!!

I went and double checked the logs, all the ICP pressures at WOT that I quoted above are at engine rpm of ~2700 rpm (tried matching conditions).

Not sure what is normal or what you expect to see out of the 80hp tune wrt ICP, but 1730 psi is where it stops. I've included a plot attached, which pretty clearly shows it hits a plateau and stops. One thing I'm curious, do the tunes affect the pedal sensitivity (throttle % vs pedal position)? the 100 tune seems to give higher throttle % for about the same push on the pedal (using a non calibrated foot that is).

The truck drives great, and I use the 80HP tune almost exclusively as the daily driver program. so no real complaints, just trying to trouble shoot/learn a little. Sometimes the truck just feels weak , but when it feels weak, it is also weak in the 100 tune also, which is what got me looking at the HPO pressures. Will keep playing though!

Thanks for the response, appreciate it!
Eric
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Eabrust trucklog.pdf (298.2 KB, 5 views)
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback