View Single Post
Old Sat, September 19th, 2009, 11:14 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
I have found that using drier sheets like bounty. That stuffing them were the vermin like to get in is a good deterant. Also moth balls but mainly the drier sheet cause they just smell better.

But the led light idea? Now that just may work if they don't like the light!

Lars
I didn't mean to hijack a battery thread, but it seemed a good opportunity to relate a cure for rodents in the engine bay.

Our yard also has numerous cute little round-tailed ground squirrels. They look a bit like chipmunks, but no stripes and their tails are thinner. A proposed deterrent is dryer sheets in their holes - doesn't work. Also, cat poop (from the cat litter box) is supposed to discourage them - doesn't work. The only thing I've found that DOES work is to physically trap and remove them (we use Have-A-Heart traps and take them a couple of miles away). One summer we moved over 100 out of the backyard alone!

Maybe I ought to figure out a way to put LEDs into their homes! That DOES seem to protect engine bays.

- Jack