View Single Post
Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 06:55 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I suspect that part of the performance loss is the fact that we have to put the camshaft timing profile back to stock for CAIs so they don't drone like hell.

As for the tires, we're looking at a difference of 22-24 rev/mile... not a horrible change. At least not like switching to 35's or something like that. The fact that his performance is *THAT* off leads me to thing there may be something else going on with the vehicle outside of what tuning will be able to improve. If he's getting only in the 12's for 0-60, something simply isn't right. Even a bone stock struck should be getting in the 8-9 second range.

Lee,

One thing I'm curious about... do you still have the stock airbox? If so, it would be interesting to see if it makes any difference in the way the truck performs. If not... then you don't.

I can restore the camshaft profile to see if that helps pick up the power that you lost but it may cause the airbox to drone. Let me know if that' something you'd like to try.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!