View Single Post
Old Fri, April 24th, 2009, 10:02 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
The towing discussion comes up a lot on the FTE Excursion forum I frequent on a regular basis.. Yes you need a load equalizer hitch if you look at the data plate on the hitch its usually any trailer over 5000lb requires the LE hitch.. The air ride option is great because it allows you to level the truck to proper ride height which makes the geometry of the suspension and steering work at its optimum level. I installed air rides on my mom's Excursion for pulling her horse trailer and she loves them... much better ride and better trailering.
If you load the trailer properly you should not have a sway issue to start with. sway is caused by poor weight distribution in the trailer...
Yes souttpaw I agree with you on the LE hitch.

But on the suspension upgrade I only listed it due to my personal experiance.

Just remember on the bags I said "if they were plumbed right". But if the LE hitch is used the suspension should not need to be upgraded any ways. That would be more for 5th wheels.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.