View Single Post
Old Sun, April 22nd, 2012, 11:43 PM
Double Whopper

PerpetualSeanX is on a distinguished road

Forced induction? I'm confused. I see people with 3.73 and 35'' tires doing 7.5's and 8's. Are they all full of it?

I guess what I really mean to say is, I was expecting that my 0-60 time would be better when I put in 4.56 gearing. Instead it literally hasn't changed at all. And to add insult to injury, my millage suffers slightly as well. So, did I waste 1300? What is everyone talking about saying that they get better performance or their low end grunt back by regearing.

Don't get me wrong, my 0-60 time is not really a big deal. It's more just something to help me gauge how my truck is doing power wise and how it stacks up compared to other trucks like and unlike my build.

As it stands, it doesn't seem to stack up well against other like builds, so that makes me think something is wrong.

With my tranny temps siting at 16X degrees and perhaps original spark plugs, and maybe even a torque converter issue, I'm praying that is the issue.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you at this time that forced induction would be required to get the f150 to the 8's 0-60. Especially considering I've hit 9.1 seconds once.

I appreciate the input, perhaps you could explain to me a bit more on why you feel forced induction would really be needed to get me to where I want my truck to be. Not trying to be a sarcastic jerk, just genuinely curious.

Thanks again for your time and anyone else who may have an idea as to whats going on with my truck.