View Single Post
Old Fri, September 3rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFX4 View Post
I just went into the custom programming and it showed that the shift points were set to 5000rpm with max revs set to 5400. I distinctly remember seeing pass this though. Maybe its as you said and I'm just seeing the flywheel freewheeling. Does it usually default to 5000 when you select the customize feature?

Also I was goofing around on the gryphon and noticed it logged my max rpm at 5383. That is a little high for my liking if the TC starts ballooning at 5400.

Long story short, I have the 1-2, 2-3 shifts set to 5000rpm, and the 3-4 set to 4500rpm. I might increase the 3-4 later depending on how it drives. Max revs I have set to 5350.
IF you do a WOT 1-2 upshift with the shift set at 5000 and the max at 5350, you may not get it to complete unless you back off on the throttle. A brief burst at or even above 5400 will not hurt anything. Personally, I'd either set the max at 5500 or move the shift points down to 4900.

- Jack