View Single Post
Old Tue, August 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRCHSR View Post
Im getting about 6 more horsepower out of the TB Spacer. And only paid $25 shipped for it.

And its a to get off so I'll just leave it on there since it's not hurting anything.

So I should just leave the trany mode and do a 89 tow cust and a 89 perm?
Sure, that works fine. I would have kept the 93 canned tune and put the 89 Perf on the Level 1 position (kind of what I did), but yours is a perfectly valid approach.

I'm curious though, and don't read it as a "put down", or challenge or whatever seems bad. How do you know the TB spacer is giving you a 6 HP boost? Did you do a before/after dyno test? I'm only asking because you're the FIRST person who's made this claim that I've heard from. I'm quite willing to be persuaded that those things work, but I need a bit of evidence.

As for leaving it on, it probably doesn't hurt anything. The only "con" I've read about is increased intake noise.

- Jack