View Single Post
Old Sun, February 7th, 2010, 12:29 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907dave View Post
I just had another random thought pop into my head.

With large injectors with big nozzles fuel is able to be delivered faster, meaning more fuel in less time, regardless of RPM's and possibly EOT and ICP.

If you were to adjust for this faster delivery rate (less delay) would it be better to use this map to do it, since it is a time based map? Just an "across the board" change to accommodate for the big, fast nozzles.

I am aware this is no where close to the only change needed with large injectors.

What am I missing, its early and I haven't had my coffee yet.
Sorry I haven't been around to put some input in, Dave. I haven't been in the right frame of mind (divorce stuff).

It certainly isn't a bad idea that you have there. By lowering the values in the SOI Delay map, the PCM will command less calculated SOI advance. However, I don't think that it would be the way that I would do it. (I don't know exactly how yet since I've never tuned for aftermarket injectors though. )

Your actual SOI isn't going to change much, if my thinking is right (and I am starting with a little 7 and Sprite right now). The SOI is still going to have to happen at a somewhat "normal" time but the entire quantity of fuel has to be dragged out over a longer period instead of all before TDC. I think that the Delay should be altered slightly but only to keep the injector from emptying far too early. Did I just contradict myself there?

Bill would know, he's tuned for a lot of aftermarket injectors.

OH BIIIIiiiiillllllll!!