View Single Post
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 09:29 PM
electro-mechanical geek

eabrust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by speotter View Post
So, I presume that I need to send it to Swamps first? Then will they install your flash, or do you need to install it?
Speotter,

First, pull that little cover off the FICM (held on by 2 screws), and with the key on, engine off, check the voltage at the FICM. There are 4 screws (or 7 depending on year of truck). Here is a link to a reference to measure a 4 terminal FICM

Testing FICM power supply voltage.pdf

If you have the 7 screw (probably do on a 2003 if original), a quick search on google will get you the info you need regarding which pin is which for voltage probing. I found a quick pic and attached it below, but it is a mirror image of what you'll see through the port (looking from back side of board)

If there is no voltage there, I'd say your problem is purely the harness. If there is some voltage, but it is low (like in 30's), then you can probably say it is FICM needing repair.

I've seen injector harnesses on ebay in the $110 range, and if that is the problem (likely since you said the plugs fell apart), that is something you can do yourself fairly easily. (note, That was only for the harness from FICM to the injectors, not from truck harness into FICM)

good luck.

Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FICM 7pin function1.jpg (41.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Convertor board Connects.jpg (43.1 KB, 4 views)
EGR deleted
Bypass coolant and oil filters
4" Turboback

Last edited by eabrust; Wed, May 19th, 2010 at 09:40 PM.