View Single Post
Old Sun, December 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Comm Gear is just one of the PIDs you can monitor. It shows what gear you're in and if the torque converter is locked or unlocked.

I wonder if you have a faulty fan speed sensor, or a broken wire to it? If the fluid clutch for the fan is not locking up when the engine gets hot, you would get overheating. Isn't your truck still under warranty? I'd get this checked out if I were you.

And, changing the display should not be subject to temperature problems. If you see the display normally, all you're doing is changing what the Gryphon is showing you. I believe you can do that with the engine running too, since it doesn't involve the PCM.

I still can't help feeling a tow tune is better for plowing than a performance tune. One thing about a tow tune is that it is slightly richer, which helps to keep engine temps lower. I'd be happy if others, like Lars or Bill would add their opinions here on this, because I could be totally out to lunch in my opinion.

- Jack