View Single Post
Old Mon, December 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt2205 View Post
I'll make the adjustment to check out the CHT. It's all of 7 degrees out there this morning (still dark). Is this something that can be changed while it's this cold out? You guys did a good job of educating me on the "tricks" of programing changes when it's cold. (warm things up and be sure battery is fully charged).

I've learned more regarding the hot running and all. I've now run hot 2 additional times. Unfortunately, these were without the plow. So, something's going on. Both times happened while idling. I did pull 2 codes (no CEL) (codes have been cleared). P0483 Fan Performance and P0528 Fan Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal. I've not found anything useful from Google on these. I did find stuff for folks with the 6.0 PSD and this code. As well as a reference to a TSB (can't located a copy of it) for a 2008 Super Duty. Apparently if you plow with 2008 SD without the factory plow prep package, you may get this code. More research is necessary on this one. I don't know if the codes were recorded while plowing or after.

Regarding the performance vs tow tune. I've got ample power in either tune to plow. Heck, Ford gave me more then enough in it's stock form. But I run the performance tune because the shifting seems better (to me). In the tow, it seems like it hangs in low gears longer (good thing for towing) but without a tow load, it just doesn't feel right (again, to me). I guess I could adjust something, but it's much easier to leave Bill's handy work as it is. Plus, I'm sure I don't know what I'm doing.

You mentioned "comm gear" what's that?

Thanks again for your help. It's greatly appreciated.
Yourt fan isn't old school anymore.
The fans on 07+ are now electronically controlled.
So if its under warranty get it in and have them take a look at it.
Remember to put your truck back to stock and remove gryphon from truck.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.