View Single Post
Old Sat, January 9th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Bacon King

RobbyMartin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CageFighter_Dan View Post
With a tuner you should be able turn off/ or bypass the pats system, once that is done the fuel situation should be fine, as well check the 30 amp mega fuse in the engine bay on the drivers side, by the cruise control module, I forget the number of its position but it controls power to the pcm as well
I purchased the Gryphon and it arrived a few days ago but I haven't had the chance to open the package yet because I went behind my wife's back and bought it without her knowledge and she has been around me seemingly every waking moment since.

I have a question.....I still have yet to get my truck back from this mechanic (profanities withheld) because he just can't seem to get the truck started. He says it'll start if he sprays fuel in the intake but it stalls once the fuel has been burned. I think he's still having a PATS issue but I'm no Ford expert. Does the Gryphon have an option to override the PATS or is that part of a custom tune? I want to override the PATS.

This guy went from installing a '97 5.4 to an '01 5.4 and then after talking the service techs at the Ford dealership, he decided to install an '03 5.4 (which only has 62k miles so I'm happy about that).