View Single Post
Old Wed, May 19th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Whopper Junior

Evil150 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Well I have no idea if this will work but I could probably post pics of each step you will go through to program back to stock.
...but that is IF the pixels are dead.

Can you push buttons and hear the little "beep" or "click" noise come from the programmer?
I can't hear any beep or click, but I don't think I ever did even when it was working. The buttons seem fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Some of this sounds like a bad battery issue, but for it to go on so long, doesn't seem possible.

Still, I think I'd have my battery load tested and replaced if the test shows fail. Then, with the ignition key ON, unplug the Edge, wait about 30 sec and plug it back in.

If this doesn't work, and since you have a new battery it may not, you have most likely corrupted the firmware in the Edge. The only cure is to contact Edge for assistance. They may be able to set up a download to correct the issue.

- Jack
On F150forum.com everyone told me it was a battery issue, hence the buying of the new battery. I suppose I'll have to get it load tested. I tried to plug it into my computer via mini usb and it recognized it on my comp but the screen didn't light up at all (does it when its working?) It recognized it but I couldn't get the software to work and Edge says it wont work with Vista or a Mac. Which I have both, who has an older OS then vista?? Or not have mac software?