View Single Post
Old Tue, April 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Very good replies, Ticopowell and Longshot. You young guys are on the ball.

As I posted in another thread, the updates to Pegasus have corrected some deficiencies in the user interface, among other things. One of those deficiencies was not rejecting a programmer holding a tune. Yours is fine - go ahead and use it.

The issue of towing with the new popup is a bit more subjective. I think the canned tow tune is pretty nearly designed for towing a trailer with that weight (in the 5000# range). It's certainly going to be a valid tune to use when you get that camper.

But, a custom tune MAY perform enough better to justify the cost. I think I'd like to talk to Bill about that. I doubt the difference between custom and canned will blow you away, but it MAY "feel" better and be slightly better on gas consumption. Regardless, Bill will not try to "sell" you on a custom tune if he doesn't think it's really worthwhile.

You're going to feel like you're living in a mansion when you get the new camper! What are you going to do with all that room?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer