View Single Post
Old Wed, May 9th, 2012, 07:20 AM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drbrnko View Post
Great info Rammertide', thanks!

What issues have you heard with the FASS system?I've been research doing the FRx, Full regulated return, or the Fass. In my searching and reading the forums, a lot of people said that the Fass system/pump does not last that long, and they suggested Air Dog being a better unit

What I was thinking on the gauges was the tranny, boost, and EGT could move to the monitor, leaving room on the pillar for engine coolant, rear diff. temp, and gear vendors fluid temp?Have you ever looked into the F650 Dash Mod? I'll post a lnk bellow to give you some other ideas. I've had gauges on the pillar for 2yrs. While it looks cool, it makes bit of a blind spot and scratched the hell out of my dash anytime I had to take it on/off. I now have one gauge on the steering column that can read everything via OBD2 port and auxillary sensors. I'll post links to that as well.

EGR probe will be moved, it's just where it was installed on the truck when I got it. Exhaust shop just reinstalled it in same position on the new 4" downpipe.

I misquoted the pressure for the regulator, the how to I found listed 75 psi at X amount of shim thickness, shooting for 60 psi.

I'm on the fence about switching to single shots?
It's a work truck, and I think, fairly close to max gains on MPG?
There's only so much you can do with a 9,200# 4.88 geared truck...
Any general numbers on MPG improvments switching to single shots?some say it doesn't affect fuel milage, some say it improves. It does use less oil pressure since it is only firing the injectors once. I've also read that it is easier for tuners to tune since it is 1 shot of fuel and not 2. Split shots were meant to be emissions control. I don't know of anything that was put on diesels for emissions have helped them with power or fuel economy.

Thanks again!

F650 Dash Mod links:

Riffraff Diesel Performance Parts: - RDP Custom F650 Dash Kit

Using RiffRaff you have to send him your cup holder so he can match the paint. This link below, you can buy the piece and paint it yourself. An automotive paint store can match and make the color paint for you to paint it yourself...

http://www.stealth-automotive.com/in...roduct_id=1374

AeroForce Interceptor Gauge:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

VIDEO0076.mp4 video by rammertide07 - Photobucket

Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Interceptor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gaugepod.jpg (15.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg gaugepod2.jpg (28.1 KB, 3 views)
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx