View Single Post
Old Fri, March 16th, 2012, 12:47 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovalandy View Post
Think about the millions they spent to engineer a completely new line of engines and eliminate the 3 valve after only 6 years of production.

I thought this was a tuning site! If we are scared to spend money in an effort to make our vehicles better, then what is this site all about? Ford spent millions on perfecting the stock tunes that all of us are trying to make better. Right?
We can go on all day with this subject. I am not arguing the fact that the VCT AND engine have some design flaws, but dont think you need to be covering up a much larger and potentially more serious problem via tuning. Be sure your engine is mechanically sound before moving forward....its not that complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueovalandy View Post
Again, my question is about tuning. Can the Gryphon be used to control VTC programming? Have any of you done this or even heard of anyone doing this. The internet is covered with mustang owners who are doing this in order to install larger camshafts, I just have not found many F150 owners who have posted their results. And I have found no examples of anyone using a Gryphon or Edge to do it.

Please help, I need info and direction from someone who does programming.

Thank you so much!

Andy
I wish I could be more help with this, but I dont know what Bill is willing to do. There have been numerous occasions I wish I could have just disabled those things, but I fixed the root problem instead....LOL