View Single Post
Old Wed, February 2nd, 2022, 12:25 PM
Whopper Junior

ybyrental is on a distinguished road
Default First Post---1998 4700LPX and a couple questions

Sorry....not too big of a computer guy. I'm pretty vanilla overall.

Our little work truck:
1998 4700LPX
7.3 175HP
Allison AT543

We're a small equipment rental company, and the majority of our deliveries are within 25-30 miles....although we do make longer runs for some or our regular customers. I've had this truck for around 8 years, and have kept it stock. Definitely pretty slow; definitely highly reliable and durable. We constantly pull anywhere from 15k-40k with it....and it never complains. I could never find any simple modification for this truck--years ago, there was a chip that I believe fools the ICP into delivering more fuel with claims of up to a 40HP increase, but I never felt a bit of difference.

I came across the Orion Flash System more or less by accident when I was looking for something else online, but after a little investigation, I figured it was worth the gamble to try to just get a little bit more towing power. I only recently installed it, and have only used it on the 4th level(I believe 230HP), and all I can say is WOW....it's worth every penny. I really don't want to compromise its reliability, because it has been a dynamite truck, so I don't know if I'll do much more. This alone has been what I've been looking for over the last I-don't-know-how-many years.

I do have one question, as I'm not a big computer or tuner guy---Will the parameters allow me to change the factory governed RPM? I believe it is set at either 2700 or 2800RPM, and I was looking to go may 75-100 more....so I can travel at 65MPH while hauling? Or is this a no-no.

Thanks, Kevin4700lpx1.jpg