View Single Post
Old Wed, October 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Owner of the green turtle

97xl is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bill, that gives me a better picture. Right now when the speedo says 120kph(74.5 mph) the tach is only at ~2000, with the old gears the tach would read ~1800-1900.

Update:

Took it back on Tuesday. Mechanic took it for a drive and said yeah its too loud and there is a clunk when it downshifts. Took it apart again, swapped over the exciter gear from my old carrier so now I have ABS again, put in the conventional 80w90 diff fluid and tightened things back up...what a difference now, no clunks and no noise, except if you turn a corner and get on the gas it clicks but thats normal for transferring power to the other wheel. I can now get the tires to squeal on dry pavement from a dead stop in a straight line, with the old setup I didn't get so much as a squeak. Feels like a new truck. The backlash is 0.010". Now I just need to get that new speedo gear and this mod is complete.

If the speedo gear doesn't fix the shift points I'll be calling you guys for some new tunes. I mean I love my Troyer tunes I just don't want to wait 13 weeks to get them.