View Single Post
Old Tue, March 9th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I was skimming through because I've added the troyer pulleys to my list for future modifications. There were some valid points mentioned like real horsepower and the product's effect on the life of other parts in this thread. I also wouldn't mind having a little more tension in the steering wheel when going at low speeds. Has anyone else experienced this on their truck with any other kits like the troyer? I'm just trying to weigh the pros and cons of the $225+S/H kit. The gryphon is still paying for itself (it'll be quicker now that gas prices have gone up!) so I'll probably wait for that before I buy another expensive upgrade. I'm not really worried about lowering the output of the air conditioner because I usually just have the windows down anyway. I'm not worried about the electrical that much either because my sound system pulls next to nothing when I run just the aux. speakers(like if I'm just sitting in there listening to music waiting for something). Would it be possible to leave that alternator pulley alone or would that mess up the belt size too much? Also, how difficult were they to install? I've got a list of mods longer than I care to list and they were all put in by me (except for the rims because I sold my stock rims for $100 when they expected them for free. ) so I figure why start now if it's relatively easy.