View Single Post
Old Wed, January 7th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

For those of you who don't know about the post to which Jack is referring, I'll give you a little background. There is another tuning company who is fairly well known for damaging 7.3L engines. For a few years, there have been posts on various forums about their 80 Economy file, which seems to be the one people are running when their engines go *BOOM*. Some people have speculated (many rightfully so!) that there was something wrong with the file. As it turns out, this file has crossed Bill's desk on different occasions. (Knowing of his vast experience in the tuning industry, people have asked him to look at their files and give his opinion.)

Bill found an inherent problem with the 80E base calibration from which custom calibrations had been created. He tried to let this other tuning company know about it; however, we were abruptly told to mind our own business.

After yet another thread about the 80E issue had been created, Bill finally explained what he had observed about the faulty file. The owner of the tuning company still hasn't contacted him about it -- we doubt he will, but one of his dealers did, so we assume that the problem is being fixed. Since Christmas Eve, that post has had over 15,000 hits, if that tells you how important the issue about this file is to 7.3L customers! :omg:

As for our own files, I know that the canned calibrations are verified before we send out the programmers ('cause I do that part!), but I don't know exactly at what point Bill does it for the custom tunes , so I will let him answer when he has a minute.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019