Thread: spikes in maps
View Single Post
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:31 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-127 View Post
I actually asked about the inferred throttle map once before so I know exactly what your talking about there. Working with OBS auto? I haven't seen what your describing for the torque table map though. Usually you can tell what the axis units are if you view the numbers/spreadsheet view using F6. Here is where I asked about the inferred throttle once. I can't find the picture from my photobucket account so I just took another screenshot. Left is a stock, right was from a low HP tuned file for a stock truck. I think the right is the same for all tuned files.

The spike in the middle of that map is obviously not supposed to be there. Hey, Ford's not perfect either. As to the definite ridge in the middle of the map, this is because the X-Axis transfer function for the map only addresses the first 10 columns and disregards the rest. This is where transfer functions can get tricky. You can actually correct the transfer function to address the full scale of the map and provide greater resolution, but you just need to be really careful or you can cause all sorts of oddities. For the most part (on this map at least) there really isn't any advantage in expanding the resolution so there no reason to even bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
OK I hope I did this right. If so the pic of the map should be below.

The map in this example is not addressed correctly so the start of the map is shifted. This could be due to a problem with the binary file, the definition file, or a mismatched binary/definition combination. I see this when using a VDAB0 file with a VCAB0 definition, and vice-versa. If you could let me know what binary and definition file you're using, we can clear that up for you.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!