Thread: spikes in maps
View Single Post
Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 01:56 AM
Bacon King

GTS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
As to the definite ridge in the middle of the map, this is because the X-Axis transfer function for the map only addresses the first 10 columns and disregards the rest.
So Bill I've been studying the Inferred Throttle Position map that you talked about and have a couple questions. First this map seems a bit on it's side to me. It seems to be that the verticle A/D counts should be running up the right side and the MFD should be the verticle part. Second based off what you said if the first 10 columns are all that the PCM even uses then what does it do for the rest of the map? The first 10 columns cover to 3,000 RPM so what happens above that? Does it just take what ever the last portion of the map is and extend it over the rest of the map? I've seen this on a few maps where the map doesn't go as far as it could. For example the ICP map only goes to 55 MFD when MFD obviously goes at least to 100.

Anyway I'm trying to set up my throttle so that I see full load fuel at 4volts being I'm not getting anywhere near 5 volts or 1024 A/D counts when my foot is mashed on the floor and I noticed so far I'm only getting to 80 MFD. So on that note I take it if I just lower the portions of the map at 1024 to 816 that should accomplish full load fuel at 4 volts? Am I off on my thinking here?