View Single Post
Old Mon, April 25th, 2011, 04:49 PM
The Great Cornholio

Quickerthanu is on a distinguished road
Default ? about 40tow vs. 80dd tunes.....(long winded)

Hello all,

Just got around to finally having time to test all my tunes and WOW they are quite an improvement over my stock PCM.

I purchased a 40hp tow, 80hp daily driver, and the 140hp xtreme. The 40hp tow is awesome when I pull our 28' enclosed race car trailer, and the 140hp xtreme tune makes the truck feel like the an 2003 Cobra.

However when I loaded the 80hp daily driver I didn't notice any more power over the 40hp tow tune. I ran thru the following to check to hopefull make sure it wasn't something I did by:

#1 Swapped file positions on the SCT flash tuner; i.e. tow on #1, 80dd on #2....then resaved them to 80dd on #1 and tow on #3.
#2 Deleted the files I download and re-downloaded them thinking there was something with those file downloads.
#3 Re-updated the firmware on my SCT tuner, downloaded files again....still the same.

To give you a little background of what my truck has is:
67k on the odometer
2006 F-350 shortbed
4x4 dually
Swamps 58v FICM w/ PHP tuning
PHP rolledback PCM
SCT flash tuner
5" exhaust, EGR gone, headstuds

I have sent a e-mail to Bill asking if there is something I did wrong, or if my expectations are to high, or if there is truely something with that 80 daily tune.

Cliff notes:
I my question is: What should I expect in power differance when switching from 40tow to 80 daily driver?

Thanks all for the help.
Andy

Last edited by Quickerthanu; Mon, April 25th, 2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Grammer