View Single Post
Old Mon, September 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifity View Post
This and I am starting to get used to the power my truck has...So whats next? Either drive it and love it or spend some money .

I have just a pretty plain truck. 2002 7.3 with an intake, turbo back exhaust and the upgraded Injector controller thingy..oh and of course my 6 pos chip

Will bolting on a 38r do me any good without retuning? or would I have to get it retuned? No tuning necessary for that. It will run great (and likely better) with the programming you have now.

Would I find more juice with an Adrenaline for half the money? Need retuning? You MAY run into a "rolling idle" by installing an aftermarket HPOP, but it won't hurt anything. By "rolling idle", I mean that the engine RPM may fluctuate 50-75 RPM every 4-6 seconds. Usually, it's not enough to move the tachometer needle, but you can hear it.

Injectors are pricey...but I can always save up and get something in December...

Its either some go faster parts or converting my dually to a srw...new wheels and tires, and a bit of body work on the bed...That might save me a mpg though? Maybe not, cause I would try to go with 35's...or 37's....how much of a lift would I need. I have a couple of issues with this question/statement. You want more power, but you are thinking of going to a larger/heavier tire. Also, you are concerned about MPG, but you are thinking of going to a far less aerodynamic setup.

This is a story I have told a lot of people. My brother and I had identical trucks (he still has his, but my ex took mine). The only differences were the interior, lift, and tire size. I was running 255/85-16 at stock height and he has 315/75-16 and a 4" lift. Same tuning, same driver (me), I could consistently break 18-19 MPG while his truck struggles to get better than 14.

How would I convert the speedo for the bigger wheels...
Either have Ford reflash your ABS module, use something like AutoEnginuity to do the same thing. Or you can go with the hard-wire route and the TrueSpeed as Dave suggested.

Bored at home...this is what two days off in a row will do to me...plans and plans...

See red.