View Single Post
Old Tue, August 2nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Some first numbers. 16.2 mpgs on the first MPG calulation. This thing does have a couple things already done prior to purchase: turbo-back exhaust less cat, AEM Bruteforce intake, and a Bully Dog tuner. The 180 mile trip after the purchase to home was made with programmer in unknown setting, an ignition on wire for the programmer was disconnected. Once fixed, the rest of the miles were in various levels, not always light on the pedal. Yeah I know, CTS will get swapped out from the 97(getting some ICP data) and into the 03 soon enough.

Once again
'03 F-250 6.0 CCSB stock wheels/tire size/height, 3.73 gearing
Total miles: 231.5
MPG: 16.2
Mods: AEM intake, Turbo back exhaust, Rev-X engine oil and fuel additive
ECM: VXAP1N6
Tuning: Bully Dog, setting unknown, 75% of time, various settings other 25%
Known misc. things: Exhaust leak at the cylinder head-exhaust manifold on one port, Truxedo bed cover, Turbo vanes seems to be free(can be heard sweeping at idle)

I'd really prefer to get more miles on the truck to provide more concrete info before making changes but I'm driving my 97 while I can and before it's stashed for winter. Opps I should have that "w" word.

I'll try to keep updates given as things progress, should be with not quite so much information, now that there is some presented. I'd really like to get this thing to be making MPGs like my '95 7.3, which averaged about 17, summer/winter, city/highway, occassional towing, whatever. Think the Super Duties are a bit heavier but I think it'll be possible.