View Single Post
Old Thu, March 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Bacon King

Pocket is on a distinguished road
Default Stage II injectors and "romp" issue

I just tuned a truck with Stage II injectors, and got everything set up almost perfectly.... with one exception.

The truck will "romp" one or two times right after cranking, especially if it's been sitting for a while like several hours or overnight. It won't do it every time, but it's enough to be noticed. I know it's my tuning, and it's the first time I've tuned single shots. Once the romp goes away, it idles perfectly smooth without being choppy. I made adjustments and figured out how to "successfully" make it romp worse but I haven't quite figured out exactly how to make it completely disappear.

One thing I do know is that it does have leaking injector o-rings (uses a few quarts in about 200 miles), and he's going to fix it pretty soon. However, it won't romp when he switches out his chips for a different set of tunes from another tuner, so I know the issue is on my end.

Everything else is fine. It drives great, has good power, it's quiet, EGT's are nice and cool, and there's hardly any smoke whatsoever. It runs like a raped ape, and we flogged the hell out of it while testing out the tuning. Just looking for pointers on the cranking romp, and what I'm doing wrong here. If anyone has had this issue, what did you do to fix it?

Oh, it's a PMT1 PCM also.