View Single Post
Old Wed, November 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlag7 View Post
Jack I'll have to find someone with win XP Machine but let me try the other usb cable first . I don't believe it's the problem but I'll give it a shot first .
I've also never had Custom tunes installed ( trying to install my custom tunes is what this is all about ) however I returned programmer back to "canned " tunes temporarily until this whole issue is resolved . thanks again for your advise jack
The part I've bolded is confusing me. What we call "canned tunes" are the three tunes (Level 1-3) that come preinstalled on the programmer when you buy it. There is a Level 0 tune which is the "stock tune" that was installed in the truck when it left the factory. You have to return the truck to Level 0 before you can make any changes to the Gryphon through Pegasus. If and when you get "custom tunes", they replace one or more of the "canned" (Level 1-3) tunes.

So, it's fine to run your truck on any current Level, but you MUST return it to Level 0 (stock) before you connect the Gryphon to Pegasus.

- Jack