Thread: Exhaust help
View Single Post
Old Fri, February 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Come Get Some

hampsterzone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flats1 View Post
Ok I need some help with my truck. My cats on my 2005 4x4 f150 5.4 are clogged. I was wanting to buy a whole new exhaust kit from the manifolds back but nobody sells a kit like that. Does anybody know if there are aftermarket cats that would work with this truck? Also I was considering cutting the cats of since they are so expensive to replace has anybody done that with this truck? Was there any affects to the truck after doing so? I know there would be a check engine light but can i get my edge custom tuned by gryphon to take care of that? Thanks for any help.
How did your truck act when the cat was clogged? Hesitation, jerky, and intake backfire? The reason I ask is my truck is not throwing codes by the check engine light flashed a 4 times. Ford said it could be clogged cats or a dirty Mass Air Flow Sensor. Or possibly the wrong spark plug from Auto Zone. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

2012 FX4 Waldoch M80 Edition Supercrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, Flowmaster Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Road Armor Grill Guard, huge smile!