View Single Post
Old Thu, December 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_123 View Post
I have no education on car electronics/programming, so I apoligize if I ask a dumb question. If the EOT sensor was bad on the truck, then wouldn't the PCM throw a bad code? Seems like a looked through a code list for the F150 on one of these forums and saw a code for "EOT sensor failure". Also, it seems to only happen on the 5.4 engines in 2007 trucks. That's all I can come up with. I appreciate your help.

Mark
Not a dumb question at all Mark - I don't know the real answer to this either, but I bet Bill does. My guess is that it WILL throw a code and i.ride.suzuki posted a list of codes (in the f150 engine forum I think) that may let YOU find the answer to your question.

Oops - I just checked that forum and I can't find it. There was a sticky somewhere though....

Don't know why the code should be specific to the 5.4L 2007 trucks though.

However, it is my fondest hope that no one here will ever feel that any question is too stupid and I'll be very disappointed if anyone responds with, "Do a search", or something equally demeaning. I think we all have a lot to learn from each other and I look forward to the experience.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer

Last edited by Jackpine; Thu, December 4th, 2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Couldn't find the list