View Single Post
Old Fri, March 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Whopper Junior

blueovalandy is on a distinguished road

It is well documented that the Ford phasers (especially the early ones) had major design defects. It is also well documented that the 5.4 3 valve oil system is marginally adequate to keep up with the requirements of the phasers. I am not attempting to "cover up" a problem with MY truck, but correct a design problem in the way this engine was engineered.

I don't expect everyone to be familiar with this specific issue that Ford had with one of their worst designed gas engines. The fact is, I am not breaking new ground in planning on locking out my cam phasers, but it seems that I am breaking new ground when trying to use a Gryphon to program it.

Fortunately for all of us, Bill at PHP knows his stuff. I was able to get him on the phone today and it looks like we are going to be able to work out this problem. He was familiar with the F150 3 valve phaser problems that many people (again not just me) have been dealing with. Perhaps, my experience will give other F150 owners options when trying to fix what was simply a bad design.

Andy