View Single Post
Old Wed, September 16th, 2009, 08:53 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all
Default Planning a very small event. I have some questions.

I'm planning a very small local event. If it's here, it has to be small .

A friend of mine owns the local NAPA store and he's very respected around here. The NAPA is regarded as the "hang out" for all the farmers, contractors, and industrial-oriented folks in the county. My wife had the idea of having a BBQ deal that would last a few hours where people could come in and get a feel for what I do regarding 7.3L tuning.

My problem is that I don't exactly know what to do. Sure, a table with the computer and all of the hardware is nice (and a given ) but what else can I do? I have put a few tri-fold fliers out in a couple places and they really don't move that well. Printing out actual graphs and presenting them on the table should help but as I have come to realize, most people don't understand Greek. Would it help having actual customers' trucks present? How about the customers themselves?

Do I do demonstrations or do I simply make claims? I know that I should bring spare chips and all of the equipment to do installs just in case but what do I tell people if I sell them all? I don't like to disappoint......

I'm kind of freaked out about this. I KNOW that selling what I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into is what I want to do....I NEED to do, but I'm kind of nervous about the whole deal.

Any advice?

Thanks!