View Single Post
Old Sat, September 23rd, 2023, 04:15 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I just put my 3000th mile on this car. It has run flawlessly being my daily driver. I took the 7.3L Crown Vic off of the insurance when I started driving this....not looking back. It gets the same mileage but the fuel is cheaper (slightly.....if you can call O'biden's Russian gas "cheap").

Only a few small issues.
1. Cruise control servo position sensor was rusty from having a mouse nest built on top of it causing bad surge when activated. NOS servo from ebay for any late 70's - mid-80's car or truck fits with just a small wiring modification (add pigtail instead of having connector mounted to the servo). It's located in the left fender so not a 5-minute fix.

2. R12 AC system has a leaky compressor seal behind the clutch. I only use AC when the wife and/or kid are with me (which isn't often) since I prefer to have the windows down. I've been charging it with R134 when I know I will need to use it - works just fine for $8 every 3 weeks or so.

3. It sounds like a farm truck. The stock cam and the 2 into 1 3" exhaust with a turbo muffler sounds horrible. I made it to get rid of the 2" single that was kinked and rusted out...Stock cams sound horrible - gotta fix that.

4. Driver's window leaks air at the rear edge....can't seem to figure out how to remedy that.

Besides the 14 inch tires that are going away next spring in favor of some more sporty looking 15s that don't use hubcaps, I hope to repaint it with a more 80's -ish look. Unfortunately there are only a couple colors I can paint it that will go with the bright red interior.