View Single Post
Old Mon, January 15th, 2024, 07:33 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

I bought some decent wheels and tires for it. The little 195/75R14s are 16 years old and were one of my big hangups while driving it. I was always waiting for a blowout.

I picked up some 15x7 Bassett D-hole wheels and some 235/60R15s. They're in the shed waiting for installation as I can't see putting them on the car just to let them sit on the ground for 4 more months.

I also grabbed a 1991 5.0HO engine from a neighbor. It was in his spec-class AC Cobra replica. Since he's not racing it anymore, he bought a 347" engine from Blueprint and sold me this 5.0 for $600.
I think that going from 130HP to 255HP will be pretty sweet. It's got forged pistons, all ARP fasteners, balanced, and has some custom ground roller cam that isn't bigger than stock other than a little more duration on the exhaust side....it dyno'd at 205-ish RWHP.

I'm pretty sure the CFI (Ford's archaic throttle body injection) is going to not like it at all so I think a 2150 Motorcraft carburetor and a Duraspark II box are going to have to be used.