View Single Post
Old Sat, June 5th, 2010, 07:12 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Under moderate acceleration (35-60%) the PCM would command a 2-3 shift at 35-40 MPH and the torque converter clutch would be applied as soon as the upshift occured. This usually resulted in a "double bump" kind of feeling and an unacceptable (to me) loss of RPM. There is a set of parameters that deal with a time delay between an upshift and the accompanying apply of the torque converter clutch. By simply changing the time between the 2-3 upshift and the torque conveter clutch apply from "0" to a value between "3" and "5" (salt to taste), the annoying shift and resultant TCC apply symptom can be alleviated.
This is EXACTLY what I was experiencing today while playing around with some shifting stuff. I was able to get the shifting perfect (low APP) in a new program I was working on, then when I stood on it a little I got this crap. To say the least I was disgusted, then I remember this post. Well after a few tries I was able to get rid of that stupid "double bumpin........ early lockin garbage".

Thanks for the tip.