View Single Post
Old Thu, October 20th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

Well this forum isn't as active as others, but usually you get good quality answers so that is good ,
Even if you don't get lean codes, you still might be running a little lean, so Custom tunes are always a good idea. They are different than the canned, and tuned to you and your truck, so they can help out with some performance.
I would recommend selling the CAI and doing the "Gott's Mod". It will get you the same performance, or better, for almost no money at all! I would research that a little bit because with that you won't have to worry about running lean.
If you didn't know, mods dont just add hp, most HP claims are with just that mod based on stock, so if you get "15hp" from a CAI and "30hp" from an exhaust, you won't get 45hp, but something closer to 35-40. Yes the Tuner can help you realize more of that performance, but again if you can get 45hp from a tuner and the other 35-40, you are probably going to get no more than 70-80hp extra. BTW these are just my made up numbers, so don't take them for granted.
I would imagine that since you already have the exhaust, and will soon have a CAI and you have an edge, you could get 10ish more hp out of it, but you will really have to talk to Bill about how much he can get you. depending on your driving you might be able to get a few more mpg's out of it too, but again that is all up to your foot .
I hope I answered some questions for ya. don't take what I said for fact though, most of the numbers just sounded right so I used them. Feel free to keep asking questions though, I usually try and answer what I can, and if I don't know then others will