View Single Post
Old Mon, December 21st, 2020, 11:01 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

So the question is, did you cab-off the install? This is what I'm getting ready to do with my '64 since I'm going to need to completely fab up new crossmembers for the front and rear.

The older Med Duty trucks reversed the mounting triangle with 2 mounts on the trans and a single one on the engine. This does have some advantages, like when having to pull the transmission out, since the transmission is basically free-hanging off the bellhousing. Putting in the new FE block mated to a T56 Magnum is going to really mess all that up, so I'll need to build new front mount pedestals along with a normal trans crossmember. Nice thing is I can build it all as a tubular setup with plates and then bolt it to the frame.

The only other thing I'll need to address is the need for a PTO for the dump bed. I was thinking of an electric motor to run the "pump" for the lift, but I may just go with a hydraulic master/slave setup. Because the lift has the pump built into it, I may have to get creative.

Anyway, just curious how that went.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!