View Single Post
Old Mon, December 21st, 2020, 11:47 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Just pulled the front fenders and core support. I did it that way because I knew that I wanted to put the engine and transmission in as one unit and that I would have to do engine mount work. The original NP435 transmission mount and crossmember were used and only two holes had to be drilled.

Is your intended transmission bellhousing made of steel? Most of the car shows I have seen where a fancy 5/6 speed transmission is installed use a stamped steel bellhousing and I don't know why a guy couldn't weld mounts to it that would coincide with the frame mounts.

As far as the PTO is concerned, you might have issues with a 12V system. As you're aware, it's not really possible to get a high horsepower motor with a 12V system due to the immense current draw. Installing a few bale beds with electric/hydraulic setups along with a few snow plows having cylinders with a maximum of 2" diameter has proven that those motors just about max-out most 2-4/0 cables and charging systems. Add in that the volume required to move a (I'm guessing) 4" or larger hydraulic cylinder with a tiny pump will take eons to lift.