View Single Post
Old Wed, April 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Colby,

Yeah... I'd say a tow-ish program with more low RPM fueling and early converter would be beneficial in that situation since the loads are pretty intense. We may have to try something out and see how it works.
Almost sounds like you've never made one

Your right, and I think the tow tune also had good power on the high end but I haven't used it in so long I dont remember. Would it be possible to scale the throttle aswell? Kind of like how the manual 1 & 2 positions have the throttle maps modified different at low speeds. Cody made a good point, too much low end power can make the tires slip and if that can be adjusted better by the driver you can get right to the line of "too much" without being at "not enough"...I'm sure Cody remembers an instance or two.
But if you have more room for throttle play then you could get closer to that balance of power and traction. If you modify the throttle map for regular driving that is similar to the manual settings could it then compound the manual settings after putting it in the 1 or 2? I assume that it would because I remember the adjusted throttle map being it's own deal and not tuning related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Ah, can't be any worse than the Hudson River. I hear they even dump planes in there.
Hehe, dont worry, we toss cars that are worth just as much...