View Single Post
Old Fri, August 14th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Double Whopper

sam8 is on a distinguished road

I guess I am an automotive dinosaur.
At 50, I can still tune a Holley. Got a box or two full of jets, power valves, etc.
I know what a Dwell Meter is, and even have one that works.
I love my F-350 PSD, but have no interest whatsoever in messing with "fun" cars that need a computer to run, unless it is just an MSD.
Give me my '40 Ford with it's little 302.
My '56 will have a 460 in it if I ever manage to put the $ together to build it.
I know electronics are here to stay, and they do improve performance in many cases.
There is just something about looking under the hood of a hot rod and seeing a wiring harness that looks like an octopus laying across the top of the engine, (where the double-pumper should be) that strikes me as wrong.
So this dinosaur is thanful for folks like Bill who understand & like playing with the electro-whiz bang stuff that makes my PSD sing while hauling my camper and pulling the toy trailer.
If it were my responsibility to build the stuff, I'm afraid diesels would still only be in Class 8 trucks, and we'd all be getting 5-6 miles to the gallon on premium as our big blocks and double pumpers strained to haul all our junk around.
PCV remains a good thing.
It keeps the M/T valve covers clean.

'97 F-350 CC LB 4x4-Orignal Owner. Arrowcraft DRW Kit, Tymar int., Banks IC, Beans D-66 Turbo, Hypermax DP, 4 inch exhaust, ATS Triple Loc converter, Mag Hytec Trans Pan,Tru-cool Trans Cooler, ORU Shackle Reverse, Ultralite Gauges, PHP F.U. 2 Flex 6 pos. chip Terminator modded 17* HPOP and Scan Gauge