Thread: No carbs here!
View Single Post
Old Fri, March 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Well, the truck is FINALLY in the shop. I've wasted about 4 hours total trying to graft the old oval port headers to the square port heads and came up with the conclusion that the original '91 manifolds will have to work just fine. My only hang up on the exhaust will be driving it 60 miles to Billings so an exhaust shop can make new head pipes (about 18" long a piece) and run them into my existing exhaust system. Open manifolds get really annoying quick.

In any case, I am about to run the power steering lines into town and get some new ones made that will go from the new Saginaw ( ) pump to my steering box. Getting rid of that whining POS Ford pump will be awesome.

I've got the wiring harness laid out and I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I want to hack out and what needs to stay. I've ripped off all of the idiotic vacuum solenoids and wiring for things like the EGR that have no purpose in life.

I am also trying to come up with a way for the accelerator pedal to work....going from a mechanical linkage to a cable. I'll figure something out.

I'm hoping that I can use my Holley "blue" fuel pump to feed the high pressure frame-mounted pump. The blue pump is a low pressure pump so I shouldn't have any problems but .

I plan on mounting everything that needs to stay with the harness exactly like it's wired into the harness so it minimizes splicing so a lot of stuff will be mounted in precarious places but it will be done right. Keep in mind, the vans had things mounted a little differently than the pickups. I have a row of four connectors right above the thermostat housing...but that's where the stuff was in the van, so that's where it will be in the pickup.