View Single Post
Old Thu, July 15th, 2021, 09:06 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
So the thing is, these are strictly for testing purposes. Once we get this fully built, we going to limit it to 72 MPH. This gives me a little headroom for passing the governed semis on the highway, but still be quite safe.

I'll tell you though, I'm surprised at how well this bus handles. It's not like the old Internationals of the '80s and '90s. This this is smooth, pulls great, and handles quite like a truck. It's just these 22.5 wheel get a little rough over 70, what with the Ackerman axle in the front and basically no weight at this time. Once it's built out and has some weight to it, the suspension will settle.

I kind of look at as a big RV at this point. And yes, 80 or 85 in this thing is completely unacceptable. On the other hand, 70 to 75 rides pretty well and it will still stop pretty quickly. (Quickly being a relative term.)

It's just fascinating at how well these things run with just a little tuning.
I meant "dangerous" as in, "don't pull out into traffic unless you know there's a good half-mile or so without oncoming traffic".

Good thinking about limiting the speed though. With all that extra powah, a fella might just be able to hit 72!