View Single Post
Old Wed, June 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Whopper

Cajunrgfm is on a distinguished road

Thanks jeremy, i have 6 psd 6.0's in the fleet, 4 f450's and 2 550's, they are under police contract all towtrucks. They are all stock 'cept my personal 550, the 450's replaced 350's for the main reason that the 450,2 wd, have a straight axle w/leaf springs and don't need near the maintenance a 350 does , pounding on junk city streets. The dana 80 rear is also a bonus. The 550's are for the ability to winch anything out of anywhere, they also run like the are on rails on heavy snow and ice. So, they may tow heavy at times, but under 20 miles usually back home, and in no hurry. Now, for other jobs that are first come first served , i need her to be able to scoot. I have ficms i can send bill, i have the cts too, i am a 28 year, retired Caterpillar tech, and my buddy is a factory trained psd tech, so we have the 6.0 mechanics covered. I don't believe in hi output canned tunes, i am quite happy with the cts level 2 but i know custom is better. I never would have installed w/out Bill saying that it does address the tranny. And it does shift well. But i know Bill has better for my engine.