View Single Post
Old Thu, May 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Corey Needs Prayers -- Update 5/26

About 5AM, I woke up with major chest pains and figured I had heartburn (I've never had it before). Billy gave me some bread and a cup of milk, but it didn't have any affect. After about an hour, I went online and after reading a bit, I decided that I probably wasn't having a heart attack, but by 8:30, I was so miserable that I asked Billy to run to the store and get some medicine. I drank about 1/4 bottle of Maalox, and it seemed to help some. An hour later, though, I was miserable. I told Billy that it felt like someone had thrown a spear through my chest. I downed some more Maalox and slept upright for about half an hour.

I made a doctor's appointment for 2:20 and counted the minutes...

About 1:45, I wasn't feeling too bad, and since we don't have insurance, I was going to cancel the appointment. I lay down for a minute, and the pain got worse, so off we went.

Well, as it turns out, my doctor THINKS I have a gall stone and that my gall bladder will likely have to be removed, and I was sent for an abdominal ultrasound. We don't know a thing yet except that gall bladder pain comes in waves (that's why I THOUGHT the Maalox had worked...), and to get me through the night, I'm supposed to take my migraine medicine for the pain.

I've had a ton of surgeries, but none of them were abdominal, so that's a little freaky. What scares me more is the expense that we're likely to incur. Heck, today was $400 out of pocket, and both offices gave us a 50% discount! The blood work will be about another $150, and that's only the beginning...

Please keep us in your prayers. I've been talking to God all day, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind it if he heard just a little more about me from you.

OH! As it turns out, the more I find out about this gall bladder thing, the more I think my 11 days of "food poisoning" was probably related to my gall bladder. I won't gross you out with the details.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019

Last edited by Corey Cohron RIP; Tue, May 26th, 2009 at 05:12 PM.